On this day of love, food blogger Tarika Singh is up with the delicious chocolate mousse recipe that will surely make your Valentine’s Day memorable. Impress your loved one by having this dessert of love in the menu. Check out Tarika’s take on this delectable chocolate mousse.
225 grams dark chocolate (45% dark)
80 grams butter (room temperature)
3 egg yolks
3 egg whites
1 tbsp cocoa powder
50 grams caster sugar (used in 2 bathes)
200 ml whipped cream
Pinch of salt for egg whites
– Cut the dark chocolate into small pieces.
– Measure the chocolate and then add the butter to it.
– Heat little water in a pan.
– While the water is heating up, add half of the caster sugar to the egg yolks kept in a bowl and whisk well.
– Once the water is hot, hold the bowl of chocolate pieces aver the heated water. Make sure that the bottom of the chocolate bowl does not touch the hot water at any point.
– Once the chocolate melts completely, set it aside.
– Add the coco powder to the egg yolk that you whisked earlier and then whisk the ingredients again.
– Hold this bowl over the double boiler and constantly keep whisking the mixture.
– Once it thickens, take it off the heat and keep whisking continuously.
– While you are whisking, start adding the melted chocolate to it and continue whisking.
– Once the egg yolk and melted chocolate mix completely, set them aside for a couple of minutes.
– Start whipping the chilled cream. Once whipped, cover it and put it back into the refrigerator.
– In the meantime, beat the egg whites to stiff peaks.
– Start beating and just as you see the egg whites fluffing up, stop and add a pinch of salt to it and start beating again.
– Start adding the remaining half of the caster sugar to the egg whites in batches and continue whisking.
– Now it’s time to fold everything together.
– Start with the egg whites. Add them to the chocolate mixture in batches and start folding. Make sure you do it in one direction.
– Then add the whipped cream (only 3/4th part of it while saving the rest for garnish) to the mixture and start folding.
– Once all the ingredients are nicely folded in, it’s time to scoop them into the ramekins. Cover them with a cling film and put them into the refrigerator atleast for few hours (3 – 6 hours, depending on your refrigerator).
– After few hours, get them out of the refrigerator and top it up with some whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
– The delicious chocolate mousse is ready to be served.
Host: Tarika Singh ( www.tarikasingh.com )
Director: Vaibhav Dhandha
Camera:Kawaldeep Singh Jangwal, Manjeet Katariya
Editing: Ravi Varma
VFX – Kushal Ramdas Bhujbal
Creative Head: Kavya Krishnaswamy
Producer: Rajjat A. Barjatya
Copyrights: Rajshri Entertainment Private Limited
Subscribe and Get regular Updates: http://www.youtube.com/user/getcurried?sub_confirmation=1
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GetCurried
Subscribe and Get regular Updates: http://bit.ly/SubscribeToGetCurried