Learn How To Make Chicken Majboos Recipe At Home, from The Bombay Chef – Varun Inamdar only on Get Curried. Make this Arabian Style Recipe of Chicken And Rice Pilaf in a simple, quick and easy method, at your home and share your experience with us in the comments below.
4 tbsp. Vegetable oil
2 tbsp. Ghee
200 gms. Red onions sliced
1 small Chicken with bones cut into half
400 gms. Long grain rice
For the spice mix:-
1 tbsp. Salt
2 pcs. fresh Orange zest
½ tbsp. Cardamom seeds
1 dried black lime/whole yellow lemon
½ tsp. Cinnamon powder
¼ tsp. Clove, crushed
2 cups Tomato puree
½ Orange, sliced
⅓ cup Almonds, fried
⅓ cup Raisins, fried
– In a pan, heat oil and ghee. Add and roast almonds for a minute. Transfer to a bowl.
– In the same oil and ghee mixture, fry the raisins until they puff up like balloons. Transfer to a bowl.
– Again, in the same oil and ghee mixture, fry onions on a high flame for a minute.
– Once the onions start turning golden brown add the chicken and sear it.
– Then add tomato puree, green cardamom, cloves, cinnamon powder, orange zest , whole lemon, salt, water and cook covered with a lid for a minimum of 15 minutes.
– Heat ghee in another pan and transfer the cooked chicken to it and pan sear on a high flame until charred.
– Now add rice to the gravy and cook on a high flame for 10 mintues. Once the water on top is dried up, lower the flame and cook covered with a lid for 15 minutes.
– Assemble and garnish as shown in the video and serve.
Delicious Chicken Majboos is ready to eat.
Host: Varun Inamdar
Director: Vaibhav Dhandha
Camera: Kavaldeep Singh Jangwal, Pratik Gamre, Akshay Sawant, Spandan Rout
Editing: Dinesh Shetty
Producer: Rajjat A. Barjatya
Copyrights: Rajshri Entertainment Pvt Ltd
Subscribe and Get Regular Updates: http://www.youtube.com/user/getcurried?sub_confirmation=1
Subscribe and Get regular Updates: http://bit.ly/SubscribeToGetCurried